We’re successful when you are.
The professionals in our Business Services Practice Group provide high-value, collaborative counsel throughout every stage of business activities. We continually work to help our clients’ of all sizes’ find the best path to sustained success.
We help clients meet the challenges of starting a business or venture, including:
- Formation of business entities, such as partnerships, limited liability companies, professional entities, and both for-profit and non-profit corporations
- Assisting with negotiating real estate leases, purchases, sales, and development agreements
We provide experienced, consistent counseling to help clients operate —and grow—smoothly and efficiently. We make sure we understand our clients’ operations, and tailor advice to maximize gains and minimize costs. Our expertise includes:
- Drafting and reviewing contracts including real estate, employment and severance agreements, construction contracts, and sale and purchase contracts
- Assisting with employment activities, including drafting initial employment forms and policies, workforce training, advising on employment law compliance, and evaluating employment decisions and documentation
- Entity restructuring and the formation of subsidiaries and affiliates as growth dictates
Risk management and litigation
We help clients evaluate their business activities to analyze risk and avoid unnecessary losses or liabilities. We provide both pre-dispute counseling and, when needed, aggressive litigation representation. This includes:
- Litigation avoidance, risk management, and pre-litigation counseling
- Conducting internal investigations for confidential needs and for public reporting purposes
- Serving as skilled and aggressive advocates, trying and winning cases in courts or government agencies, as well as arbitration or other alternative dispute resolution proceedings