Steen, Jacobs C.S.
As a member of the Water and Districts Practice Groups, Jake’s practice focuses on water-related legal and policy issues, including statutory and regulatory compliance, permitting, water rights, and water resource management and development. He also provides counsel in the governance, organization, and operation of local government entities.
During law school, Jake developed his interest in environmental law by interning at the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality and participating in the University of Houston Law Center Environmental Law Practicum. Jake clerked at Lloyd Gosselink prior to joining the firm.
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas (2023)
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center (2023)
- B.S., Political Science with a Minor in Business, cum laude, Texas A&M University (2019)
- Provides counsel, regulatory compliance, and additional legal services for numerous entities, including groundwater conservation districts, water supply corporations, and investor-owned utilities.
- State Bar of Texas
- Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section
- Austin Bar Association
- Environmental Law Section
- Texas Water Conservation Association
- Texas Alliance of Groundwater Districts