Helping water get to where it's needed.
Helping water get to where it’s needed.
Our Districts Practice Group focuses on the use of conservation and reclamation districts and other special law districts to assist our clients with their water infrastructure planning and delivery of utility services. Such districts include:
- Water control and improvement districts
- Municipal utility districts;
- Fresh water supply districts; and
- other special law districts.
Attorneys in the Districts Practice Group assist our clients with their water district needs by providing expertise in:
- District creation, organization, and administration
- Contract negotiations and drafting Election laws
- District financing
- Competitive bidding requirements
- Certificates of Convenience and Necessity or other service area disputes
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality regulations for developer reimbursement
- Setting of district tax rates
- Adoption of impact fees, standby fees, and utility rates
- Open meetings and open records laws
- Governmental tort claims and immunity
- Acquisition, sale, and leasing of real and personal property
- Governmental licenses and easements
- Legislative counseling and local bills
District Practice Group attorneys serve as general and special counsel to water districts throughout the State of Texas and also counsel other governmental entities, individuals and corporations with respect to water district issues. Our attorneys routinely represent clients before the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, the Texas Water Development Board and the Texas Legislature on water district matters.