Prior to joining Lloyd Gosselink, Nathan worked in commercial litigation, achieving successful results for clients in a wide array of business disputes, including environmental litigation. Nathan interned for Judge Neil M. Gorsuch of the United States Tenth Court of Appeals and worked in state politics as a Legislative Director for a Senator in the Virginia General Assembly.
- J.D., with honors, University of Texas School of Law (2011)
- B.A., University of Virginia (2006)
- Admitted to State Bar of Texas (2011)
- Admitted to U.S. District Courts for Western, Eastern, Northern, and Southern Districts of Texas
- Represented clients in environmental enforcement litigation; reviewed and analyzed clients’ water permitting needs; evaluated client compliance with federal and state environmental regulations; significant pre-trial discovery, motions practice, and hearing experience.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
o Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section
- Austin Bar Association
- Board Member, Allandale Neighborhood Association
Honors & Awards
- Jefferson Scholar and Echols Scholar, University of Virginia
- J.D., with honors, University of Texas School of Law
- University of Texas School of Law Dean’s Achievement Award: State and Local Government Law; ERISA.
Publications and Presentations
- Speaker, “Pass the Salt: Desalination Brine Disposal Challenges,” Texas Water Conservation Association 2015 Mid-Year Conference, June 2015
- Speaker and Moderator: “Key Wet Weather Consent Decree Issues: Modification/Implementation,” NACWA 2015 Wet Weather Consent Decree Workshop, April 2015
- Author, “Managing Regulators’ Honey-Do Lists: Integrated Planning for Clean Water Act Compliance,” Texas WET, Water Environment Association of Texas, September/October 2014
- Speaker, “Mixing Oil and Water: The Importance of H20 to Energy Development,” AAPL Texas Land Institute, September 2014
- Speaker, “Blue Paydirt: The Importance of Water to Texas’ Energy Development,” Ninth Annual Texas Journal of Oil, Gas, and Energy Law Symposium, February 2014
- Speaker, “Federal Water Quality Enforcement and Integrated Planning,” Texas Water Conservation Association Annual Convention, March 2014
- Speaker, “Managing Regulators’ Honey-Do Lists,” CMOM 2014 Workshop, August 2014
- Author, “Preparing for the Scrutiny of Uncle Sam: Federal Clean Water Act Enforcement – Coming to a City Near You,” Confluence, Texas Water Conservation Association, Fall 2013
Before practicing law, Nathan worked in the halls of the statehouse as a Legislative Director. Nathan’s background in lawmaking and legislative advocacy is in full use as an attorney, but also extends to his personal interests. As a product of state politics with a keen interest in history, his travel itineraries frequently include stops at other state capitols and historic sites. A sports enthusiast, Nathan enjoys visiting sports stadiums, particularly in college football, basketball, and Major League Baseball. Among other interests, Nathan enjoys running, trying new barbeque restaurants, and spending time with his family.