Mauldin, Jamie L.
Jamie is a principal in the Energy and Utility Practice Group focusing on administrative law in the area of public utility regulation. Jamie’s practice involves the representation of municipalities and utilities before the Public Utility Commission of Texas, Railroad Commission of Texas, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, and the State Office of Administrative Hearings. Her dedicated focus to electric, water, and gas utility issues makes Jamie a valuable resource for clients seeking guidance on how to navigate these areas.
Prior to joining the firm, Jamie worked as an attorney in San Francisco, California, where she represented labor interests in front of the California Public Utilities Commission in a wide variety of matters including rate cases, policy rulemakings, and permitting proceedings.
- Admitted to State Bar of Texas (2008)
- Admitted to State Bar of California (2011)
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center (2008)
- B.A., Vanderbilt University (2001)
- Represents municipalities in electric rate proceedings and various rulemaking proceedings at the Public Utility Commission of Texas
- Represents municipally-owned utilities in rate proceedings at the Public Utility Commission of Texas
- Represents water and sewer utilities in rate proceedings, CCN amendment proceedings, and Sale Transfer Merger proceedings at the Public Utility Commission of Texas
- Represents water and wastewater utilities in all aspects of their business and regulation
- Represents municipalities in gas rate proceedings at the Railroad Commission of Texas
- Assists municipalities in negotiating franchise agreements relating to the provision of electrical, gas, and water service within the municipality
- Assists municipalities and local governments in negotiating Pole Attachment Agreements with telecommunications and broadband providers
- Represented electric, gas, and telecommunication labor interests in front of the California Public Utilities Commission regarding a wide variety of ratemaking, permitting, and policy matters for regulated utilities
- Drafted rulings and proposed decisions regarding investor-owned utility regulatory matters as a research attorney for the Administrative Law Judge division at the California Public Utilities Commission
- Represents various insurance clients in civil litigation matters in both Texas and California courts
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of California
- Public Utility Law Section, State Bar of Texas, Board Member (2022-2023)
- Electric Reliability Council of Texas, Wholesale Market Subcommittee, Member (2018-2022)
- Texas Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors, Board Member (2022-2023)
- Austin Bar Association