Arnett, Richard A.
As a member of the Firm’s Energy and Utility Practice Group, Rick’s practice focuses on administrative law in the area of public utility regulation. He assists municipalities and utilities in matters before the Public Utility Commission of Texas, Railroad Commission of Texas, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, and the State Office of Administrative Hearings.
Rick received his B.A. in Geology at the University of Colorado at Boulder. Before law school, he worked as a field geologist at a geotechnical engineering firm that specializes in renewable energy projects. During law school, he was a member of the University of Denver Water Law Review and clerked at the Texas Parks & Wildlife Division and private law firms.
- Admitted to the State of Bar of Texas (2022)
- J.D. University of Denver Sturm College of Law (2022)
- B.A., Geology, University of Colorado at Boulder (2016)
- State Bar of Texas
- Administrative and Public Law
- Environmental and Natural Resources Law
- Public Utility Law
- Austin Bar Association
- Sturm College of Law Dean’s Scholarship
- Zavell Family Endowed Scholarship Recipient
- Environmental Law Scholastic Excellence Award