We help you avoid it. If you can’t, we help you win.
Business disputes are a fact of life. The professionals in our Litigation Practice Group help public and private clients avoid or resolve disputes as expeditiously and effectively as possible.
We’re an essential part of our clients’ teams, seeking creative solutions and balancing results with value. The pre-litigation process—either allowing a client to avoid litigation altogether or positioning the client for success once the matter becomes a formal dispute—is a key part of our approach. We excel in alternative dispute resolution processes (mediation, arbitration, med-arb and other ADR mechanisms).
We also have decades of experience litigating in state and federal courts. When litigation is appropriate, we are dedicated advocates and seek the most efficient result for our clients, representing their interests with vigor and determination in trial and appellate matters ranging from ordinary contract disputes to complex cases involving novel legal issues.
Our Litigation Practice Group has experience in a variety of areas including:
- Complex commercial, transactional and contract disputes
- Environmental litigation
- Business torts litigation
- Employment litigation
- Real estate and land development controversies
- Construction and construction-related disputes
- Fiduciary, partnership and corporate liability claims
- Comprehensive ADR services as advocates and as independent, third-party neutrals
Paul G. Gosselink
Michael A. Gershon
Brad B. Castleberry
Sheila B. Gladstone
Jason T. Hill
Nathan E. Vassar
James T. Aldredge
Ashley D. Thomas
James F. Parker
Lauren R. Munselle
Lauren S. Martin
You get the whole team
Our clients enjoy the unique advantage of our trial attorneys working closely with the attorneys in our other practice groups. Combining our experience in the courtroom with our attorneys’ experience and knowledge in the other practice areas allows us to serve as aggressive, effective advocates and use a team approach to resolve oftentimes highly technical and publicly sensitive disagreements more discreetly and cost-effectively.
When working in this capacity, our Litigation Practice Group attorneys often:
- Counsel and advise our clients on strategies to position their cases to avoid litigation altogether, including consideration of related business and political concerns
- Build a record of facts and evidence to position our clients to win their cases should the opposition pursue litigation
- Skillfully and efficiently navigate the process of litigating disputes in state court, federal court, and administrative hearings
- Manage and win precedent-setting disputes involving novel and sensitive matters of business, law, and politics