Barnes, J. Reid
Reid is a member of the Energy and Utility Practice Group and assists clients with various matters regarding electric and water utility services, primarily helping to navigate regulatory and enforcement proceedings before the Public Utility Commission, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, and the State Office of Administrative Hearings.
Prior to joining the Firm, Reid worked with a small law and consulting firm providing legal, strategic planning, and business consulting services pertaining to water projects, water and wastewater utilities, electric transmission projects, and property rights.
- Admitted to State Bar of Texas (2016)
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law (2016)
- B.S., Public Relations, University of Texas at Austin (2012)
- Representing municipalities and individual landowners in transmission line routing proceedings at the Public Utility Commission.
- Assisting clients with negotiating and drafting asset purchase agreements, water supply contracts, water leasing agreements, distribution agreements, and interconnection agreements.
- Assisting clients with compliance and enforcement matters at the Public Utility Commission and the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
- Previously served as assistant general counsel to an internationally-recognized bottled water company.
- State Bar of Texas
- Public Utility Section
- Administrative and Public Law Section
- Austin Bar Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- The University of Texas School of Law – Dean’s Merit Scholar