The most precious asset on Earth.
The most precious asset on Earth.
Almost everything begins with water. No city, water utility, industry, agri-business or family farm can survive without adequate water supplies and services. And no law firm in Texas has more experience or depth in this dynamic area of law than Lloyd Gosselink. Lloyd Gosselink’s Water Practice Group has been forged over the past 30 years, comprising the largest group of water lawyers in Texas, with a distinct reputation for handling the most complex and challenging water issues facing our great State.
Water is our singular focus
Our Water Practice Group attorneys are full-time water professionals with a wide range of experience in all facets of water law. We routinely represent clients before the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, Texas Water Development Board, Railroad Commission of Texas, Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, the State Office of Administrative Hearings, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, in state and federal courts, and before the Texas Legislature, in a variety of matters, including:
- Complex regional water supply and water quality projects, from planning and permitting to construction
- Surface water, groundwater, wastewater, and reclaimed water permitting and enforcement
- Administrative and judicial conflict resolution of complex water supply and water quality matters
- Clean Water Act, Safe Drinking Water Act, National Environmental Policy Act, and Endangered Species Act issues counseling
- Water and wastewater contracting and service area issues
- Legislative and regulatory consulting
- Conservation district creation and counseling
We don’t just navigate laws and rules, we help craft them
At Lloyd Gosselink, Water Practice Group attorneys don’t simply counsel clients on statutory and regulatory changes, we affirmatively contribute to the development of legislative and regulatory processes and protocol, to ensure our clients’ priorities and needs are met.
We work proactively to represent the best interests of clients in legislative and regulatory processes by:
- Creating and maintaining relationships with state officials crucial to the development of sound water policies and effective water programs
- Actively participating in legislative and regulatory water policy work groups
- Testifying and assisting our clients in testifying before legislative committees and regulatory bodies
- Monitoring and tracking emerging policy issues, including legislation, rules and regulations
- Serving on agency committees charged with developing and implementing water policies, guidance and rules
Our clients come first
For over 30 years, political subdivisions in Texas — cities and municipally-owned utilities, river authorities, regional water districts and authorities, special law districts, including groundwater conservation districts and municipal utility districts, and water supply corporations—as well as individuals and corporations, have successfully relied on Lloyd Gosselink’s Water Practice Group professionals for expertise and assistance in addressing their water challenges.
When water is critical to an endeavor, Lloyd Gosselink’s Water Practice Group is the right fit to help clients achieve the success they expect and deserve. With a breadth and depth of experience encompassing all aspects of water law and water policy development, and a commitment to delivering cost-effective services and results, Lloyd Gosselink’s Water Practice Group is uniquely situated to assist our clients in achieving their water-related goals.