Leveraging our expertise to our clients' advantage.
Leveraging our expertise to our clients’ advantage.
The expertise provided by Lloyd Gosselink’s governmental relations team means using the relationships and skills developed over decades to best position and protect our clients’ legal, policy, and regulatory interests. Our team assists clients with their needs at the Texas Legislature as well as working with other state elected officials and state agencies.
Attorneys in the Governmental Relations Group have vast amounts of experience in all areas of the legislative environment, including:
- Strategic Planning
- Legislative tracking and monitoring
Our firm represents a number of trade associations, cities, counties, special districts and private corporations, working extensively and directly with legislators, staff and state agency officials to promote and protect our clients’ interests. In doing so, we:
- Represent clients as their primary representative at the Texas Legislature
- Maintain close, professional relationships with key legislators, staff and state agency officials
- Schedule meetings and briefings with key legislators and staff on clients’ legislative agendas
- Direct communications with legislators on behalf of clients
- Consult with potential authors/sponsors of relevant legislation
- Draft bills and amendments to bills
- Counsel and assist with adherence to constitutional and statutory filings regarding legislation
- Prepare for and attend all pertinent legislative committee hearings and floor debates
- Work to ensure that favorable legislation is set for hearing in committee and calendared for floor debate
- Prepare testimony before legislative committees
- Work for enactment or defeat of legislation
- Identify and consult with relevant associations and other stakeholders to strengthen our clients’ positions on their legislative agendas
- Monitor activities of interim legislative committees whose actions could affect our clients
Our team also assists our clients with interacting with state agencies on our clients’ important issues. Our team regularly works with state agency leaders and staff to provide background information and a better understanding of our clients’ interests.