Thomas, Lauren C.
Lauren’s practice involves working with environmental matters at the federal, state, and local levels. As a member of the Water Practice Group, Lauren assists clients with water quality matters, water resources development, regulatory compliance, permitting, enforcement, and litigation.
Lauren’s legal practice is influenced by her experience as an environmental scientist. Prior to law school, she worked in the fields of soil and groundwater remediation and air and water quality monitoring. During law school, Lauren further developed her knowledge of environmental law by obtaining concentrations in environmental law, water law, and federal public policy. Lauren previously clerked with the United States Department of Justice Environment and Natural Resources Division, the Galveston Bay Foundation, the National Agricultural Law Center, Valero, and several other private law firms.
- Admitted to State Bar of Texas (2019)
- J.D., Texas A&M University School of Law (2019)
- B.S. in Environmental Studies, Texas A&M University (2016)
- Speaker, "PFAS: An Overview of Legal and Regulatory Developments," Air and Waste Management Association, June 2020
- Speaker, "Case Law Update," Conference: Texas Water Conservation Association, June 2020
- Co-Author, "PFAS Update: New Drinking Water Regulations and Clean-Up Actions," The Lone Star Current, April 2020
- Co-Author, "The WOTUS Saga's Next Chapter: The Navigable Waters Protection Rule," The Lone Star Current, April 2020
- Co-Author, “Legal Mechanisms for Mitigating Flood Impacts in Texas Coastal Communities,” Texas Sea Grant Publications, 2019
- Author, “Bugs, Bunnies, and the Blanket Rule: A Brief Overview of Key Endangered Species Act Rule Revisions,” The Lone Star Current, October 2019
- Co-Author, “Overview of Texas Fencing Laws,” State Bar of Texas 13th Annual John Huffaker Agricultural Law Course, May 2019
- Co-Author, “The University as a Site of Food Insecurity: Evaluating the Foodscape of Texas A&M University’s Main Campus,” 19 S.W. Geographer, 1-14 (2016)
- Speaker, “Evaluating the University as a Food Desert,” Conference: The Association of American Geographers, Chicago, IL, 2016
- State Bar of Texas
- Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section
- Administrative Law Section
- Austin Bar Association
- Texas Water Conservation Association
- Water Environment Association of Texas