Thiel, Kathryn B.
As a member of the Water and Districts Practice Groups, Kathryn assists in the governance, organization, and operation a variety of local government entities, including water districts and utilities. She also assists clients with regulatory compliance issues, including open meeting requirements and public information requests.
Kathryn received her B.A. in English and History from The University of Texas at Austin. After working as a legislative research associate for a political nonprofit, she left Texas to attend George Mason University Law School in Arlington, Virginia. Prior to joining Lloyd Gosselink, Kathryn provided trademark, patent, and operational support for an Austin startup.
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas (2020)
- Admitted to the District of Columbia Bar (2020)
- J.D., George Mason University Law School (2019)
- B.A., The University of Texas at Austin (2015)
- Represents governmental entities such as water districts, municipalities, regional water authorities, water and wastewater utilities, and water supply corporations.
- Advises governmental entities with respect to governmental immunity, ethics, conflicts of interests, statutory scopes of authority, records retention, and Texas Open Meetings Act and Texas Public Information Act compliance.