Smith, Gabrielle C.
Gabrielle represents clients in litigation matters in state and federal courts. She provides guidance to clients as they navigate through the steps of the process at both the trial and appellate levels. Gabrielle also has experience in alternative dispute resolution, exploring options through both pre-litigation and litigation routes. She works to determine assessment of risk, potential outcomes, and cost-efficient solutions.
Immediately prior to the joining the firm, Gabrielle represented federal government employees in their discrimination complaints and appeals of adverse personnel actions before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Merit Systems Protection Board. She has also represented Texas public school districts in the areas of employment law, student discipline, and school board governance.
- Admitted to U.S. District Court for the Northern, Western, Eastern, and Southern Districts of Texas
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law
- B.B.A., Texas A&M University, Business Honors and Marketing
- Represents clients in complex litigation matters in state and federal courts
- Represents clients in judicial and administrative proceedings involving contract disputes, permitting, and federal civil rights claims for cities and other governmental entities
- Evaluates disputes to identify and develop possible litigation and non-litigation resolutions
- Advises clients on litigation objectives and provides guidance on risk assessment in order to identify paths toward most favorable outcome
- State Bar of Texas
- Travis County Women Lawyers Association
- Board of Directors
- Austin Bar Association/Austin Young Lawyers Association Leadership Academy Class of 2020
- Austin Black Lawyers Association