Naismith, Lora K.
Lora Naismith is a member of the Water Practice Group. Lora’s practice involves working with environmental matters at the federal, state, and local levels. As a member of the Water Practice Group, Lora assists clients with water quality matters, water resources development, regulatory compliance, permitting, enforcement, and litigation.
During law school, Lora further developed her interest in environmental law by interning with the Environmental Protection Agency, participating in the Natural Resources Clinic at her law school, and publishing three articles about environmental law. Prior to joining the firm, Lora was a staff attorney in the Litigation Division at the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas (2022)
- J.D., magna cum laude, Texas A&M University School of Law (2021)
- B.S. in Biology, Texas A&M University (2017)
- Lora Naismith, Bioremediation: Breaking Down the Regulations of Genetically Modified Microorganisms, 8 TEX. A&M L. REV. 607 (2021).
- Co-Author, Flood Management in Texas, Planning for the Future, May 17, 2021.
- Lora Naismith, Taking Back the Beach, CHI.-KENT J. ENV. ENERGY L. 29 (2020).
- State Bar of Texas
- Administrative and Public Law Section
- Environmental and Natural Resources Section
- Austin Bar Association
Lora was born and raised in Corpus Christi, Texas, and has found a new home in the Austin food scene. In her free time, you can find Lora exploring new restaurants, cooking, camping, rock climbing, gardening, or playing with her two cats.