Maynard, Jessica A.
Jessica is a member of the firm’s Employment Law Practice Group and aids employers in developing policies and practices to improve their workplace environments. She also strives to keep employers up-to-date on new and evolving topics in employment law. Jessica loves the practice of employment law because of the differentiation amongst all types of employers, businesses, and work environments and the variety of work.
In law school, Jessica was a member of Women’s Law Caucus, Public Interest Law Association, and the Texas Intellectual Property Law Journal. She also participated in the Human Rights Clinic. Some of her favorite classes in law school include: Employment Law; Employment Discrimination; Americans with Disabilities; Changing American Schools; and Academic Freedom, The First Amendment, and the American University. Prior to joining Lloyd Gosselink, Jessica was a law clerk for a nonprofit organization focusing on adverse employment matters in school districts.
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas (2021)
- Admitted to the State Bar of North Carolina (2021)
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law (2021)
- B.M.E. with Vocal Concentration magna cum laude, Texas Christian University (2018)
- Reviewing and revising employment handbooks, internal procedures, record retention policies, and employment agreements (including employment agreements, confidentiality agreements, non-compete agreements, non-solicitation agreements, etc.)
- Counseling clients on day-to-day issues that arise or may arise in the scope of employment
- Mediating and mitigating issues that arise during employment
- Advocating on behalf of clients in grievance hearings
- Responding to and creating documentation for complaints and grievances
- Assisting in the defense of clients in employment litigation and appeals
- Co-Author and Co-Editor, “Naming and Shaming, Violations of the Human Rights of Transgender Persons with Felonies in Texas,” Human Rights Clinic at the University of Texas School of Law (November 2020)
- State Bar of Texas
- Labor and Employment Section
- School Law Section
- Women and the Law Section
- Austin Bar Association
- Labor/Employment Section
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Labor and Employment Law Section