Maynard, Jessica A.
Jessica is a member of the firm’s Employment Law Practice Group and aids employers in developing policies and practices to improve their workplace environments, and keeps employers up-to-date on new and evolving topics in employment law. Jessica also helps employers navigate the legal framework for remote work and post-COVID work environments, and she provides practical guidance to employers on complicated state and federal laws, such as the FLSA, the ADA, and the Texas Labor Code. She has experience drafting and reviewing policies, assisting employers complying with federal, state, and local employment laws, and helping employers navigate legal and administrative systems, such as state and federal courts, the EEOC, and the TWC.
Prior to joining Lloyd Gosselink, Jessica was a law clerk for a nonprofit organization focusing on employment matters in school districts. Her work focused on day-to-day counseling on employment-related issues, representation in grievance hearings and ADA meetings, assisting in litigation and appeals, and drafting accessible documentation on employment and school laws.
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas (2021)
- Admitted to the State Bar of North Carolina (2021)
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law (2021)
- B.M.E. with Vocal Concentration magna cum laude, Texas Christian University (2018)
- Reviewing and revising employment handbooks, internal procedures, record retention policies, and employment agreements (including employment agreements, confidentiality agreements, non-compete agreements, non-solicitation agreements, etc.)
- Counseling clients on day-to-day issues that arise or may arise in the scope of employment
- Mediating and mitigating issues that arise during employment
- Advocating on behalf of clients in grievance hearings
- Responding to and creating documentation for complaints and grievances
- Assisting in the defense of clients in employment litigation and appeals
- Co-Author and Co-Editor, “Naming and Shaming, Violations of the Human Rights of Transgender Persons with Felonies in Texas,” Human Rights Clinic at the University of Texas School of Law (November 2020)
- State Bar of Texas
- Labor and Employment Section
- School Law Section
- Women and the Law Section
- Austin Bar Association
- Labor/Employment Section
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Labor and Employment Law Section