Mauldin, Jamie L.
Jamie is a principal in the Energy and Utility Practice Group focusing on administrative law in the area of public utility regulation. Jamie’s practice involves the representation of municipalities and utilities before the Public Utility Commission of Texas, Railroad Commission of Texas, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, and the State Office of Administrative Hearings. She also represents cities as consumers at the Electric Reliability Council of Texas.
Prior to joining the firm, Jamie worked as an attorney in San Francisco, California, where she represented labor interests in front of the California Public Utilities Commission in a wide variety of matters including rate cases, policy rulemakings, and permitting proceedings.
- Admitted to State Bar of Texas (2008)
- Admitted to State Bar of California (2011)
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center (2008)
- B.A., Vanderbilt University (2001)
- Represents municipalities in electric rate proceedings and various rulemaking proceedings at the Public Utility Commission of Texas
- Represents cities as consumers in the stakeholder process at the Electric Reliability Council of Texas
- Represents investor owned water and sewer utilities in rate proceedings, CCN, and Sale Transfer Merger proceedings at the Public Utility Commission of Texas
- Represents investor water, and wastewater utilities in all aspects of their business and regulation
- Represents municipalities in gas rate proceedings at the Railroad Commission of Texas
- Assists municipalities in negotiating franchise agreements relating to the provision of electrical, gas, and water service within the municipality
- Assists municipalities and local governments in negotiating Pole Attachment Agreements with telecommunications and broadband providers
- Representation of electrical, gas, and telecommunication labor interests in front of the California Public Utilities Commission regarding a wide variety of ratemaking, permitting, and policy matters for regulated utilities
- Drafting rulings and proposed decisions regarding investor owned utility regulatory matters as a research attorney for the Administrative Law Judge division at the California Public Utilities Commission
- Representing various insurance clients in civil litigation matters in both Texas and California courts
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of California
- Austin Bar Association
- Texas Municipal League