Katz, Robyn F.
Robyn’s practice focuses on administrative law in the area of public utility regulation. As a member of the Energy and Utility Practice Group, Robyn represents municipalities and utilities before the Public Utility Commission of Texas, Railroad Commission of Texas, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, and the State Office of Administrative Hearings.
Prior to joining the Firm, Robyn served as City Attorney for various Central Texas cities, and General Counsel for two large economic development corporations. Robyn has extensive experience advising municipalities on matters involving the Open Meetings Act, Public Information Act, and the Local Government Code. Additionally, Robyn’s broad litigation experience includes both civil litigation serving municipalities and criminal trial experience, after several years serving as an Assistant District Attorney. Robyn serves as an Adjunct Professor at both Texas State University and St. Mary’s School of Law.
- Admitted to State Bar of Texas (2010)
- Admitted to U.S. District Court for Western District of Texas (2012)
- Licensed in New Jersey (2018)
- Licensed in Colorado (2019)
- J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law (2010)
- M.Ed., University of Texas (2004)
- B.S., cum laude, University of Michigan (2003)
- Representing various clients in regulatory matters
- Advising municipalities regarding Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Public Information Act, and Local Government Code compliance
- Served as City Attorney and Assistant City Attorney for several Texas cities
- Negotiated and drafted municipality contracts related to real estate transactions, pole lease agreements, and other general contractual matters
- Prepared and prosecuted bench and jury trials for municipalities
- Represented municipalities in civil litigation matters
- Served as general counsel for two large economic development corporations
- Robyn Katz, A Preview of the 82nd Texas Legislature, THE HOUSTON LAWYER, January/February 2011, available at http://www.thehoustonlawyer.com/aa_jan11/page14.htm.
- Robyn Fae Katz, The Importance of Enacting a Texas Commercial Breeder Law to Regulate Loopholes That the Federal Law Creates, 11 TEX. TECH ADMIN. L. J. 185 (2009).
- Robyn F. Katz, Laws Concerning Commercial Breeders and Puppy Mills, MICHIGAN STATE LAW ANIMAL LEGAL & HISTORICAL LAW CENTER, (2008), available at http://www.animallaw.info/articles/dduscommercialbreeders.htm.
- Speaker, Texas City Attorney Association Fall Conference, “Municipal Court: Best Practices,” (Oct. 2020)
- Speaker, State Bar of Texas, Annual Animal Law Institute (2019)
- Speaker, Texas District & County Attorneys Association Annual Criminal and Civil Law Conference (Sept. 2018)
- State Bar of Texas
- Public Utility Law Section
- Administrative and Public Law Section
- Animal Law Section
- State Bar of Colorado
- State Bar of New Jersey
- Texas RioGrande Legal Aid, Private Attorney Involvement Award (2013)
- State Bar of Texas, Best Partnership Award (2016)