Asher, Rashmin J.
As a member of the Energy and Utility Practice Group, Rashmin’s practice focuses on administrative law in the area of public utility regulation. Rashmin represents utilities and municipalities in proceedings before the Public Utility Commission of Texas, Railroad Commission of Texas, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, and the State Office of Administrative Hearings.
Prior to joining the Firm, Rashmin worked as a Managing Attorney and Staff Attorney at the Public Utility Commission of Texas, where she represented Staff of the Public Utility Commission of Texas in a wide variety of electric and water administrative and contested case proceedings. Her experience included base rate cases, change of control proceedings, sale/transfer/merger proceedings, certificate of convenience and necessity proceedings, transmission cost recovery factor proceedings and various other regulatory proceedings. Additionally, Rashmin served as Assistant District Attorney for Brazos County where she gained extensive appellate litigation experience.
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas (2014)
- J.D., Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (2014)
- B.S., Genetics, Texas A&M University (2010)
- Served as Staff Attorney and Managing Attorney at the Public Utility Commission of Texas
- Served as Assistant District Attorney in the appellate division for Brazos County, Texas
- Represented Staff of the Public Utility Commission of Texas in multiple transmission line routing proceedings
- Served as lead attorney in contested electric and water utility rate cases representing Staff of the Public Utility Commission of Texas
- Represented Staff of the Public Utility Commission of Texas in electric and water sales/transfer/ merger proceedings
- State Bar of Texas
- Public Utility Law Section
- Administrative and Public Law Section