Troupe’s practice focuses on assisting clients on a broad range of water-related issues, including permitting, water rights, water resource management and development, regulatory compliance, litigation and governmental relations.
Prior to joining the firm, Troupe served as the committee clerk for the Senate Committee on Business and Commerce during the 83rd Legislative session, and more recently worked as an attorney in the Environmental Law Division of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
Areas of Practice
Professional Licenses and Education
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas (2012)
- J.D., Samford University, Cumberland School of Law (2011)
- M.S., Environmental Management, Samford University, Howard College of Arts and Sciences (2011)
- B.A., History, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (2008)
- Represents both public entities and private individuals in administrative proceedings and with regulatory compliance, in resource management and development, and in governmental relations and legislative capacities.
Publications and Presentations
- “84th Legislative Wrap-Up,” Texas Association of Storage Tank Professionals Annual Meeting, December 2015
- “Wrap-Up of the 84th Texas Legislative Session,” Industry Council on the Environment, November 2015
- “Legislative Update,” 14th Annual Drinking Water Seminar, North Central Texas Chapter, Texas American Water Works Association, October 2015
- “Government Transparency Update and Interactions with State Agencies & Lawmakers,” Texas Water Conservation Association Fall Conference, October 2015
- “84th Regular Session Legislative Update,” Texas Municipal Utilities Association, May 2015
- “Groundwater Availability as a Matter of Law: A Discussion of the Statutory Model for Quantifying the Resource and Determining Water Availability,” The Lone Current, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
o Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section
o Administrative Law Section
o Legislative and Campaign Law Section
- Texas Water Conservation Association
o Membership Services Committee
- Texas Alliance of Groundwater Districts
A native of Pensacola, Florida, Troupe has acclimated well to life in Texas, continuing his interests in hunting and fishing, especially spear-fishing saltwater fish on the coast. Troupe can be found enjoying the robust music and restaurant scenes Austin has to offer, and he also works with a non-profit focused on the improvement of education and community in a developing country.