Stefanie Albright is a member of the Water and Districts Practice Groups. Her client work focuses on general counsel services to water utilities, including the organization and operation of water districts and water supply corporations. She also assists clients with various permitting, compliance, and enforcement issues related to water quality matters. Originally from Lake Jackson, Texas, Stefanie received her undergraduate degree from Southwestern University and earned her doctor of jurisprudence from the University of Houston Law Center. Prior to joining the firm, Stefanie served as a lead staff member in the Texas House of Representatives.
Areas of Practice
Professional Licenses and Education
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas (2008)
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center (2008)
- B.A., Southwestern University (2002)
- Provide general counsel services to water districts, regional water authorities, water supply corporations and other governmental entities
- Negotiate and draft water and wastewater supply and service agreements
- Assist clients with drafting development agreements
- Represent clients in preparing and prosecuting water quality applications (TPDES) at the TCEQ
- Represent and consult governmental entities regarding Texas Open Meetings Act and Texas Public Information Act compliance and governmental immunity
- Represent clients with MS4 permitting process
Publications and Presentations
- Speaker, “Ethics Considerations for Districts in Emergency Situations,” Presented at the Texas Association of Water Board Directors Conference, Ft. Worth, Texas, (June 24, 2016).
- Speaker, “Ethics Laws for Cities,” Texas Coalition of Cities for Utility Issues, (October 9, 2015).
- Author and speaker, “Ethics Considerations for Public Officials in an Emergency Situation,” Presented to the Texas Water Conservation Association Mid-Year Conference, Horseshoe Bay, Texas (June 13, 2014).
- Author and speaker, “Ethical Responsibilities During an Emergency,” Presented to the Texas City Attorneys Association at the Texas Municipal League Annual Conference, Austin, Texas (October 10, 2013).
- Author, “Emerging Trends in the Regulation of Stormwater,” Texas Environmental Law Journal, Vol. 43 No. 1 (Fall 2012).
- Co-Author, “SB 573, CCN Decertification, and Water Utility Service Issues,” State Bar of Texas, 13th Annual Changing Face of Water Rights in Texas (February 2012).
- Author and Speaker, “Stormwater Permitting: Program Overview and Upcoming Changes,” presented at Texas City Managers Association Study Group, Fort Worth, Texas (August 17, 2012).
- Author and Speaker, “Running Your Board Meetings,” Presented at the Capital Area Suburban Exchange Summer Conference, South Padre Island, Texas — June 25, 2011.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
o Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section
o Administrative Law Section
- Austin Bar of Texas
o Environmental, Natural Resource, and Water Law Section
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Water Association
- Capital Area Suburban Exchange
Stefanie enjoys collecting postcards from her world travels and spends her free time playing tennis, hiking, listening to live music and spending time with her husband and friends.